VPN Tracker is aimed at making a complex technical matter like Virtual Private Networks (VPN) simple and user-friendly. The software is distributed with device profiles and configuration guides for many popular IPSec VPN gateways. These resources should provide all you need to establish a VPN tunnel successfully. You can find a list of devices and configuration guides here:
For a general introduction to computer networking, VPNs and IPsec, there are several excellent introductions available online or as books, see for example here.
If you experience specific configuration problems, our technical engineers are happy to provide support for setting up VPN connections with VPN Tracker. In many cases, connection problems are related to misconfiguration of either VPN Tracker or the VPN gateway.
If you provide
- A problem description and information on what you've already tried
- A Technical Support Report from VPN Tracker (Help > Generate Technical Support Report)
- Screenshots of the VPN gateway configuration
- A log from the VPN gateway
we can usually quickly spot the cause for a problem and provide advice on how to resolve it.
As there are several factors unrelated to VPN Tracker or the VPN gateway that can influence connectivity (e.g. firewalls/routers in between VPN Tracker and the VPN gateway), we cannot guarantee that a connection can be established under any circumstances.
While we try our best, our support options may be limited if
- you use a device which we did not test ourselves (most devices work just fine with VPN Tracker, though, and we're happy to take a look even at issues with untested VPN gateways)
- you do not provide the information we need in order to assist you (see above)
- your network administrator does not cooperate
- you change connection parameters while we're trying to debug the settings